Reflections and notes on the relationship of art to nature and of nature to art from along Warwoman Creek, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Katuah Province of Turtle Island, where the light, the dark, the seasons, the time of deep past, deep present and deep future all mix in alchemal mists to reveal and hide and transform these slopes, shaded coves, bright rivers, deep forests and me, and together sustain me and my art.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

"In the Valley of the Little Tennessee," Selected for Cover of Anthology: "The Reach Of Song"

My painting:

"In the Valley of the Little Tennessee," 2002, oil on canvas, 28" h. x 36"w.


Just selected by the Georgia Poetry Society to be the cover for their 2015 anthology: The Reach of Song, to be published this July.

Paintings and poems, image and word - just two sides of the same bright coin, tumbling in one great river, offering witness to this Creation. I'll meet you there!

This is such a very special honor for me - to join the mountains I cherish with the poetry I love with the painting I hold dear.  Place - painting - poetry - they make such a rich symphony together.

No comments:

Post a Comment