Reflections and notes on the relationship of art to nature and of nature to art from along Warwoman Creek, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Katuah Province of Turtle Island, where the light, the dark, the seasons, the time of deep past, deep present and deep future all mix in alchemal mists to reveal and hide and transform these slopes, shaded coves, bright rivers, deep forests and me, and together sustain me and my art.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

AT THIS FLOOD OF SPRING



















AT THIS FLOOD OF SPRING

At this river
I touch the flood
of Spring.

I do not know
the end of this,
nor how it begins:

the dead
and the living
swept along

the crested
plume of it,
the trouble

the muddied
loss, the loosened
hope

how it is
a song
that trembles

along
a torrential
edge

of things
we never expect
or fathom.


©Laurence Holden, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment